- The topic that I will be talking about is the positive and negative impacts of social media. I think that it is extremely interesting ho social media can be viewed. Social media, especially twitter, can be looked at in both positive and negative views. I am going to talk about how impactful both sides can be.
- I want to show more so of the negative side of social media. I am a big proponent of Twitter and how effective and useful it can be, but I think that it has more of a negative impact, especially on those in middle and/or high school. I have seen and heard to many instances where children have done things to themselves negatively because of it.
- I chose this topic because of many reasons. First of all, because of the way that I use social media for a blogging company that I work for. I see the positive impacts that it has being able to have a platform and get my story’s out there. I also want to talk about how much of a negative impact it can have on children, especially those in the middle school/high school range.
- My target audience would be parents of middle school and high school students, as well as the middle and high school students themselves. I think that it is very important for people of that age to see what social media can do to people of that age.
- Wagner, K. (2018, March 01). Twitter is wondering whether Twitter is bad for society – and Jack Dorsey is starting new research to find out. Retrieved from https://www.recode.net/2018/3/1/17067070/twitter-tweets-abuse-harassment-health-measurement-safety-jack-dorsey
Cornell, S. (2016, October 26). The Disadvantages of Twitter. Retrieved from https://smallbusiness.chron.com/disadvantages-twitter-54112.html
Study: Negative Social Media Experiences Linked to Depression. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2018-06-07/study-negative-social-media-experiences-linked-to-depression